Burlington’s Remembrance Day Parade and Ceremony
The Royal Canadian Legion is holding a 45-60 minute Remembrance Day service at the Cenotaph, just outside City Hall (426 Brant Street) on Nov. 11 at 11 AM. All are welcome to attend. The Legion can be contacted at 905-639-6400 or firstname.lastname@example.org http://burlingtonlegion.com/.
Parade Route & Schedule
• 10:30 AM – Parade starts on Baldwin Street turning south on Brant Street to Elgin Street, west to Locust Street, north to Ontario Street and east to the Cenotaph at City Hall
• 10:45 AM – Parade arrives at the Cenotaph for Remembrance Day Ceremony
• 12:15 PM – Parade leaves the Cenotaph turning north on Brant Street
• 12:30 PM – Parade ends at Baldwin Street
Temporary Road Closures – Monday Nov. 11, 2013
• 7 AM to 2 PM – Ontario Street from Locust Street to Brant Street
• 9:30 AM to 1 PM – Baldwin Street from Hurd Avenue to Brant Street
• 10 AM to 12:30 PM – James Street from John Street to Brant Street and Brant Street from Caroline Street to Elgin Street
• 10:20 AM to 10:45 AM – Brant Street from Baldwin Street to Caroline Street
• 12 to 12:30 PM – Brant Street from Baldwin Street to Caroline Street
Other Remembrance Events Being Held In Burlington
The Burlington Army Cadets together with the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 60 will host an overnight vigil at the war memorial at City Hall beginning on Sunday, Nov. 10 at 5:45 PM.
The Burl-Oak Naval Veterans are holding a 30 minute Sunrise Ceremony at the Naval Ships Memorial Monument in Spencer Smith Park at 9 AM on Nov. 11. All are welcome to attend. For more information: (905) 632-3118, Burl-Oak Naval Veterans.