Why I Became An IRONDame
My father passed away from cancer a few years ago and Wellspring Halton-Peel helped me get through his difficult battle with cancer and deal with grief. Becoming an IRONDame was a wonderful opportunity for me to give back to Wellspring!
How Long I’ve Been An IRONDame
I’m a newbie! I became an IRONDame in April, 2012.
My Top Songs To Work Out To
1. Young The Giant – My Body (It really gets me energized!)
2. Jessie J – Price Tag
3. Love Inc. – You’re A Superstar
4. The Killers – All These Things That I’ve Done –
5. In The Mood (One of my Dad’s favorites)
6. Eurythmics – Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This
7. Journey – Don’t Stop Believin’
8. Bruce Springsteen – Born To Run
My Favourite Quote
“The best way out is always through.” ~Robert Frost
What Inspires And Motivates Me
My Dad always inspired me, his passion for sport and fitness was addictive!
My Favourite Road Race
Oh, there are so many great races in Toronto. I love heading up to Muskoka for the long course triathlon each summer, this year it will be the 5150 distance.
My Secret Weapon/Ritual/Lucky Charm That I Use At Each Race
I stick to the same breakfast; it doesn’t upset my tummy and energizes me for the race!
My Goal For The 2012/2013 Fundraising Challenge
My personal fund raising goal is $1000 and my fund raising target race is Mont Tremblant Half Ironman on June 24th.
My Biggest Challenge
Fitting it all in: family, life, work, & training!
Most Valuable Training Tip