Our Goal Is To Raise $200,000
We Are Building To Make A Difference
We believe in the expansion of WELLSPRING Halton-Peel’s Ground Breaking Cancer Exercise Program because research indicates that exercise has significant benefits for people coping with cancer.
We hope to inspire everyone to make exercise part of their daily life and challenge themselves to make a difference in the lives of others.
We shall persevere to raise $200,000 to construct and equip WELLSPRING Halton-Peel’s New Cancer Exercise Facility through a series of team and individual fundraising challenges and special events which include:
- Great Canadian Mountain Traverse: An 8 day 1002 K (621 miles) cycle from Lake Louise, Alberta to Whistler, British Columbia during which we will climb approximately 11,000 m (36,000 ft); the equivalent of cycling up Everest!
- IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant, Lake Placid, Wisconsin and the World Championships in Kona: The ultimate triathlon challenge: 3.8k swim, 180k bike and 42k run!
- Lace up for LOVE Mother’s Day 1 & 5K Walk/Run: Once again this fun filled family event will be held on Mother’s Day in 2012 and 2013.
- Other Challenges: A team ride at Rideau Lakes, The 2012 Centurion bike race at Blue Mountain, as well as individual challenges at local trail, road races and swimming events!
Wellspring Halton-Peel’s Cancer Exercise Program has been the most popular program Wellspring has ever introduced. There have been over 2,400 visits to more than 450 sessions of the Cancer Exercise Program at Wellspring Halton-Peel – all free of charge.
The New Exercise Facility will be:
- Approximately 211 sq. ft. larger
- Wheel chair accessible
- Equiped with new cardio and strength training machines
- Feature a purpose-built trainers room for individual manual therapy
- Able to accommodate 180 individuals for a new 30 week comprehensive program (the current 10 week program only provides for 150 people)
- Accommodate hundreds more people in various range of movement-based classes, including Yoga and Tai Chi
Sponsor us and become a member of our ID Construction Crew and you’ll be building strength, confidence and hope of a healthy future for men, women and children fighting or recovering from cancer in Halton.